Since the entry into force of the Regulation on European Research Infrastructures Consortia (ERICs) in 2009, the Commission granted the legal status to 22 research infrastructures. The Commission tasked an Expert Group ‘EGERIC’, chaired by Carlo Rizzuto, to assess the implementation of the ERIC Regulation. This included identifying best practices and bottlenecks as well as providing recommendations.
Under the auspices of the Slovenian Presidency of the EU, the Commission invites stakeholders to discuss the findings of the Expert Group, based on presentations by the EGERIC experts, along four lines:
- Governance of the ERIC system
- The ERICs as instruments to integrate and interconnect national and multidisciplinary resources
- The ERICs in operation: key issues
- ERIC sustainability: towards an innovative funding model supporting demand
The event will take place on 13-14 September 2021, Online and is organised with the support of EGERIC.
- Date: 13-14 September 2021, Online
- Detailed Programme
- The objectives of the workshop and description of the sessions
- Practical information
- Registration available at this link, password: ERIC2021
- Connect using the following links
- The workshop documentation (notably the Expert Group draft report and latest programme) is available in the ERIC workshop public folder of the CIRCABC sharing platform.