SADILAR, the South African Node of CLARIN, is looking for a Technical Manager. Below a summary of the job description.
Technical leadership and reporting
- Provide technical leadership in the domains of Language Technology and/or Digital Humanities, assisting the Research Manager.
- Continuous research into best practices regarding digital language data acquisition, curation and management given rapid changes in technologies.
- Report technical and research findings at management committee, steering committee level and other relevant forums
- Lead the technical and commercialisation strategy of SADiLaR
Technical oversight development and support
Responsible for oversight and actively optimising regarding the development and sustainable functioning of the various SADiLaR portals, which implies:
- the maintenance and development of a multifunctional language resource portal for effective public use,
- management of all current and future digital resources available in the portal,
- application of standards to ensure interoperability of data at national as well as international levels.
- Full job description and link to apply
- Application deadline: 16 July 2021
- Planned commencement of duties: 01 August 2021
- Enquiries regarding the job content may be directed to: Prof Langa Khumalo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enquiries regarding the recruitment process may be directed to: Mrs Vuyi Ramavhulela Tel: 018 299 1111