About the workshop
Workshop participants will be introduced to the SSHOC training toolkit and the CLARIN Repository. These resources are designed to help librarians improve training activities and educational programs for local researchers. A discussion will also be held around online training best practices and methodologies.
Join us to:
- Learn more about the SSHOC project, our training network and the training toolkit. The toolkit collects and displays existing and newly developed SSH training materials covering a variety of topics including, for instance, Research Data Management, GDPR, FAIR data and didactics. Participants will discuss the usefulness of the existing materials for their own work and identify gaps.
- Explore the CLARIN Repository, its functionalities and usefulness for researchers in a hands-on session. Together we will go through searching for, comparing and accessing existing language resources of different types and in different languages, and finding a matching language processing web application for your data.
- Work in groups to find an answer to specific user questions. This will be based on one of four scenarios: student, researcher, lecturer, citizen scientist.
- Discuss how to develop and improve their own online training activities.
- Gain insights regarding tools for organising their own training sessions.
Workshop slides | CLARIN Use Case 1 | CLARIN Use Case 2 | Blog post: Boost for Research Librarians at the SSHOC Train-the-Trainer Bootcamp