Date: 8-9 June 2017
Time: 14:00 - 16:00 (CEST)
Location: Unioninkatu 40, 3rd floor, room 7 (B314), Helsinki, Finland. Map of the important locations
The purpose of the CLARIN-PLUS Workshop on User Involvement is to share ideas and good practices for reaching out to new users of CLARIN services. The workshop is intended for sharing information, know-how and expertise especially with the more recently joined CLARIN member countries.
The workshop is open to invited representatives only. Intended participants:
- CLARIN consortia representatives responsible for User Involvement activities from new or potential national consortia.
Registration and reimbursement:
- Important: Before registering, participants from outside Finland *must* get in touch with their national CLARIN coordinators. For each of the consortia, it will probably be possible to cover travel costs for one participant only (max 300 € per person).
- All the participants of the event need to register* their details for the workshop using this form by *Thursday, May 11*.
The preliminary programme is divided into sessions that will be organized around specific topic areas (see the suggested topics below). Each session will begin with short presentations and end in a general discussion of the topic area. A summary of the discussions will be published after the workshop. Presentations should be kept short and concise, since we hope to reserve ample time for discussion. The duration of your presentation should not exceed *10 minutes*. (In case you clearly need more time, please contact the organizers in advance.)
- Session 1: Usage reports and user experiences: Which of the current CLARIN services are popular, which are not, and why? Profiling the existing and potential user groups: interviews, questionnaires, etc.
- Session 2: Using social media for CLARIN user involvement
- Session 3: Online courses, visiting lectures, roadshows, webinars and video tutorials, on-site tutorials etc.
- Session 4: Personal support and consultation services (using tools, data management, corpus analysis, etc.), and how to reduce the need for personal support
- Other good practices and ideas for user involvement
Thursday June 8
|14.30 - 15.00||Registration, light refreshments|
|15.00 - 15.30||
Welcome and introduction - Bente Maegaard
Overview of CLARIN User Involvement activities - Darja Fišer
|15.30 - 17.00||
|17.00 - 17.15||
Summary and discussion
End of day
|19.00 - 21.00||Dinner at Restaurant Olo|
Friday June 9
|09.00 - 10.30||
|10.40 - 11.00||Light refreshments|
|11.00 - 12.30||
|12.30 - 13.30||Lunch (Hotel Arthur)|
|13.30 - 14.30||
|14.30 - 15.10||
|15.10 - 15.30||Light refreshments|
We suggest you take a look at the following materials in advance:
- CLARIN User Involvement Handbook v2.1
- CLARIN User Involvement Action plan 2017
- CLARIAH dissemination plan (pdf)
- Parthenos training modules on user engagement (presented by Jennifer Edmonds):
Request for Frequently Asked Questions
Do you often receive inquiries and questions from users of CLARIN services?