About the CLARIN PhD Student Session
After the success of last years' editions, the 2021 edition of the CLARIN Annual Conference will again feature a PhD Students Session. The aim of the session is to enable PhD students to share the next generation of research (supported by or contributing to the CLARIN infrastructure), and receive feedback on their work from CLARIN experts.
Students are invited to submit a 500-word abstract with description of their PhD project that will be used as a basis for the decision on acceptance for the session. Submitted abstracts should clearly articulate how the PhD work make use of the CLARIN infrastructure or how the results will contribute to CLARIN. Accepted abstract will be published on the conference website. After the conference, authors of an accepted abstract may submit a full paper to be reviewed for the post-conference proceedings.
Format of the PhD Student Session
The exact details of the virtual format to be used for the presentations will be announced closer to the event.
Who can submit
Submissions are welcomed by PhD students:
- who already benefit from using the CLARIN infrastructure in their research,
- whose envisaged project results could contribute to the enrichment of the CLARIN infrastructure (new corpora; new showcases; support for new languages, new formats, etc.), and/or
- who can demonstrate the added value of methodological frameworks for the analysis of language data that CLARIN could support.
How to submit
Please submit your application for this programme element via EasyChair (Track "CLARIN2021 (PhD session)"). You can use the CLARIN 2021 templates for submissions: (ZIP-archive, Overleaf template).
- Deadline: 6 September 2021
- CLARIN Annual Conference 2021 website
- EasyChair submission
- CLARIN 2021 templates for submissions: ZIP-archive, Overleaf template
- Contact for any questions regarding the conference: email@example.com (Please mention [CLARIN2021] in the email subject)